Google My Business (GMB) is a powerful tool for businesses to increase their visibility online. It allows businesses to create and manage their own listings on Google, which can be seen by potential customers when they search for related products or services. One of the most important aspects of GMB is the listing signal percentage, which is a measure of how well your listing is performing in terms of visibility and engagement. In this article, we will discuss what the listing signal percentage is and how it can help you improve your GMB performance in English language searches.
The listing signal percentage is a metric used by Google to measure the performance of your GMB listing in English language searches. It takes into account various factors such as the number of reviews, clicks, and impressions that your listing receives from users searching for related products or services in English language. The higher the percentage, the better your GMB listing is performing in terms of visibility and engagement.
The first step to understanding your GMB listing signal percentage is to understand what factors are taken into account when calculating it. These include:
• Number of reviews: Reviews are an important factor when it comes to improving visibility and engagement with potential customers. The more positive reviews you have, the higher your signal percentage will be.
• Clicks: Clicks are also taken into account when calculating the signal percentage as they indicate that people are interested in what you have to offer and are likely to take action after viewing your listing.
• Impressions: Impressions refer to how many times people have seen your GMB listing while searching for related products or services in English language searches. The more impressions you receive, the higher your signal percentage will be.
• Engagement rate: Engagement rate refers to how often people interact with your GMB listing after viewing it. This includes clicking on links within the listing or leaving reviews about it. The higher the engagement rate, the better your signal percentage will be.
Once you understand what factors are taken into account when calculating your GMB listing signal percentage, you can start taking steps to improve it. Here are some tips that can help you do this:
• Make sure all information on your GMB page is accurate and up-to-date: This includes contact information, business hours, location details etc., as inaccurate information can lead to lower rankings in search results pages (SERPs).
• Encourage customers to leave reviews: Reviews play an important role in improving visibility and engagement with potential customers so make sure you encourage them to leave positive reviews about their experience with your business on Google My Business page.
• Optimize images used on GMB page: Images play an important role in attracting potential customers so make sure they’re optimized properly for best results (e.g., use high-quality images that accurately represent what you offer).
• Respond promptly to customer queries/reviews: Responding promptly shows potential customers that you care about their experience with your business so make sure you respond quickly whenever someone leaves a query or review on Google My Business page.
• Use keywords strategically: Keywords play an important role in improving visibility so make sure they’re used strategically throughout all content associated with your business (e.g., descriptions, titles etc.).