Google My Business (GMB) is a powerful tool for businesses to increase their visibility online. It allows businesses to create a profile that can be seen by potential customers when they search for related keywords. One of the most important features of GMB is the ability to add labels to your listing. Labels are an effective way to optimize your GMB listing for SEO benefits and help you stand out from the competition.
In this article, we will discuss what labels are, why they are important, and how to add them to your GMB listing. By the end of this article, you will have a better understanding of how labels can help you improve your SEO rankings and gain more visibility online.
What Are Labels?
Labels are short phrases or words that describe your business or services. They are used by Google to categorize businesses and make it easier for customers to find what they’re looking for. For example, if you own a restaurant in New York City, you might use labels such as “NYC restaurant” or “New York City dining” on your GMB listing.
Why Are Labels Important?
Labels are important because they help Google understand what type of business you have and where it is located. This helps Google show your business in relevant search results when customers search for related keywords. Additionally, labels can also help improve your SEO rankings by making it easier for Google to index and rank your website in its search engine results pages (SERPs).
How To Add Labels To Your GMB Listing
Adding labels to your GMB listing is easy and only takes a few minutes. Here’s how:
1. Log into your Google My Business account and select the “Info” tab at the top of the page.
2. Scroll down until you see the “Labels” section and click on “Add Label” button next to it.
3. Enter up to five labels that best describe your business or services in the text box provided (e.g., NYC restaurant, New York City dining). Make sure each label is separated by a comma so that Google can recognize them as separate words or phrases when indexing them in its SERPs.
4. Click “Save” when you’re done adding labels and they will be added to your GMB listing immediately!
5. Repeat this process every time you want to add new labels or update existing ones on your GMB listing so that Google can keep up with any changes made over time!